Orthodontists use braces to align and straighten your teeth and to reposition your bite. With locations in Crestview, Pensacola, Mary Esther and Santa Rosa Beach, Comfort Dental Care and Orthodontics uses braces to improve a patient’s smile and overall dental health.
What Are Braces?
When your teeth are crooked, crowded, irregularly spaced, out of alignment or protruding, braces are typically the go-to treatment method to correct them. Available for use on patients of all ages, braces use metal brackets to gradually reposition teeth and ultimately provide a healthier, more attractive smile.
Why Should I Wear Braces?
Braces are beneficial for the following reasons:
- Appearance: Most people get self-conscious about their appearance, and their smile factors into that. Orthodontic care and proper oral hygiene will improve your smile and appearance creating a more confident you.
- Gum damage: Having an incorrect bite can actually damage your gums. Braces ensure that your teeth are biting down properly and prevent gum damage from happening.
- Hygiene: It’s much harder to keep your teeth clean and healthy when you have crowding or overlapping. While you can keep misaligned teeth clean, it’s easier to do when they are straight; since poor cleaning factors into gum disease, tooth decay, and tooth loss, it’s best for teeth to be as straight and manageable as possible.
- Jaw joint problems: When your bite is too severe, it can cause damage and pain in the joint area.
- Wear on your teeth: Clenching, excessive or uneven wear, and grinding of your teeth are an unfortunate and probable result of a misaligned bite.
What Are the Benefits of Wearing Braces?
By getting braces and straightening your teeth, you will notice a better appearance, improved bite function, and of course, a beautiful smile. In addition to that, you will notice increased confidence and self-esteem, cleaner teeth, and easier oral hygiene maintenance.
Are Braces Right for Me?
Braces are typically used on children and teens, but it is not uncommon to see them on adults as well. An orthodontist might recommend that you wear braces if you suffer from one of the following problems:
- A poor overbite or underbite
- Teeth that are crooked, crowded or misaligned
- Tooth gaps or spaces
Why Is Straightening Your Teeth Important?
Failing to treat bite or malocclusion issues could result in digestive problems, gum disease, tooth decay or loss, and other health concerns. Straightening your teeth will not only reduce the risk of issues like these but it will also improve your appearance and as a result, boost your self-esteem.
How Do I Take Care of My Braces?
It’s always important to take good care of your teeth, namely by brushing and flossing after meals. Hard and sticky foods can break or damage your braces, and visiting an orthodontist regularly will ensure that they stay in the best possible condition.
Additional information about braces:
How Much Do Braces Cost?
Similar to the timing of your treatment, the cost of braces is different with each patient. Some or all of your orthodontic treatment may be covered by your insurance, depending on your plan. In addition to accepting payment by cash, check or credit card, we have outside financing through CareCredit® and OrthoBanc® available for those who need to make payments over a longer period of time.
Contact Comfort Dental Care and Orthodontics in Crestview, Pensacola, Mary Esther or Santa Rosa Beach today to find out if braces are the right choice for you.