Even as an adult who had orthodontics treatments as a child, it’s not uncommon to have gaps in your teeth, an overcrowded smile or other issues that can affect your oral health. In addition to impacting you cosmetically, these issues can also increase your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Fortunately, adult patients who want to improve their smile without the use of unsightly metal braces can turn to Adult Invisalign® to achieve their desired result. Adult Invisalign® is a proven effective method of straightening teeth in a timely manner, and is available for patients in the Crestview, Pensacola, Mary Esther and Santa Rosa Beach area through Comfort Dental Care and Orthodontics.
What Is Adult Invisalign®?
Everyone notices a person’s smile – and you want to make sure yours is as perfect as can be. If you have large tooth gaps, overcrowded teeth or other cosmetic issues, you can use Adult Invisalign® to treat the same issues that traditional metal braces address, without the unsightly metal brackets and time-consuming daily habits required to maintain them.
Adult Invisalign® patients will use a series of clear Invisalign® trays, or “aligners,” to gradually move their teeth into the proper position with slight pressure. In order to ensure the utmost in comfort and appeal, these trays are customized for every single patient. Adult Invisalign® allows patients to show off their beautiful smile during treatment, as opposed to metal braces, which often inhibit their smile.
What are the Benefits of Adult Invisalign®?
Adult Invisalign® patients will learn that this form of treatment comes with many benefits, including:
- Improved Oral Hygiene: Patients can take out their trays at any time, thus making daily oral hygiene, like brushing and flossing, significantly easier to maintain.
- Virtually Invisible: Many adults avoid orthodontic treatments because they don’t like the look of metal braces. Invisalign® aligners, on the other hand, let them straighten the teeth while keeping their smiles fully intact.
- No Dietary Restrictions: Adult Invisalign® patients do not need to adhere to any dietary restrictions, as they are able to remove their aligners while eating.
- Comfortable: Since aligners are customized for every patient, they promise maximum comfort.
- Protection from Grinding: Invisalign® aligners double as night guard protection, thus ensuring that patients who grind or clench their teeth and jaw don’t damage their teeth while sleeping.
What Can I Expect from Adult Invisalign®?
With Adult Invisalign®, you will no longer need to have your orthodontist tighten or adjust your braces every few weeks. Instead, you’ll receive replacement aligner trays, which are specially-made to straighten your teeth and give you the smile you deserve. It is important to note that these trays should be worn for a minimum of 22 hours each day, except when eating, brushing your teeth, flossing or cleaning your aligners.
Is Adult Invisalign® Right for Me?
To avoid the discomfort and unsightly appearance of metal braces, many patients choose Adult Invisalign® to treat common orthodontic issues. Invisalign® aligners can be used to treat a variety of mild cases, including the following:
- Issues with bite patterns
- Tooth gaps
- Protruding teeth
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- A smile that is overcrowded
How Much Does Adult Invisalign® Cost in Pensacola?
The cost of Adult Invisalign® depends on the extent of straightening required. In addition to accepting payment by cash, check or credit card, we have outside financing available through CareCredit® and OrthoBanc® for those who need to make payments over a longer period of time.
If you are seeking orthodontic treatment without metal braces, Adult Invisalign® might be exactly what you’re looking for. Contact Comfort Dental Care and Orthodontics in Crestview, Pensacola or Santa Rosa Beach today to schedule your first consultation and see if Adult Invisalign® is right for you.